On Monday, February 29, 2016 3:01 PM, “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com> wrote:
Do you need me to send the information about the Wanderer? this teacher is very picky so please use MLA format and cites please . thanks
On Monday, February 29, 2016 2:57 PM, “firstname.lastname@example.org” <email@example.com> wrote:
“The Wanderer” Questions Answer the following questions in complete sentences. Use examples from the poem when appropriate.
- 1) Identify the two speakers in the poem. Does this change affect the poem?
- 2) Identify two lines/images that represent the theme of isolation and despair (give the line numbers).
- 3) Why is the speaker “wandering” alone? What is he looking for?
- 4) What does the wanderer dream about? Why is this significant?
- 5) What is the speaker’s attitude towards wisdom? (Line 52-69)
- 6) A homily is a statement(s) that gives general advice pertaining to conduct and morals. What does our wanderer say a wise, good man should do?
- 7) Analyze lines 77-79. What structures is the wanderer talking about? Why are these structures significant? (Hint: consider what they represent to him.)
- 8) Analyze lines 94-102. What is the overall message of these lines? Why is it significant to our wanderers place in life now?
- 9) In the last few lines the narrator returns. What is the narrator’s reaction to the wanderer’s speech? What is the narrator’s message to the wanderer?
- 10) Give an example of a caesura and kenning from the poem.