Discussion: Crisis and Risk Communication
Post your responses to the Discussion based on the course requirements.
Your Discussion postings should be written in standard, edited English and follow APA guidelines as closely as possible given the constraints of the online platform. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this weeks Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources, as appropriate. Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
Initial posting this week must be 500750 words (not including references).
Generally speaking, risk communication is the exchange of information with communities, cultures, or social systems about the type and magnitude of certain risks and events that may threaten the well being of communities or individuals within communities. Crisis communication includes planning processes which outline planned organizational practices and decision-making procedures in response to a crisis (Finset, 2011). As a public health leader, it is important to understand these distinctions and to apply both crisis and risk communications in the development of public health campaigns and future health programs.Health (Intervention for Vesico-vaginal fistula (VVF)
For this Discussion question, review the learning resources and consider the significance of utilizing crisis and risk communications as a public health leader and how you might apply them to your public health campaign.
Finset, A. (2011). Risk perception and risk communication. Patient Education and Counseling, 82(1), 12.
USING below communication planning guide to write the above discussion.
: Implementation & Evaluation
· Briefly explain how you plan to implement your public health campaign including timeline/milestones and marketing strategies
· Briefly explain your public health message and justify why you believe it would promote change within your target audience
· Briefly explain three ways your public health campaign may be adopted within your target audience
· Briefly explain how you would incorporate culturally relevant and sensitive materials in your campaign
· Explain two potential legal or ethical issues that you may have to consider prior to implementing your campaign and explain two ways you might address those issues
· Explain the methods you plan to use to evaluate the effectiveness of your campaign
· Explain two ways your public health campaign can promote social change