Discuss characteristics used to appraise when evaluating qualitative and quantitative designs. Which characteristics are the most important and why?
You must cite at least one source: your textbook and/or scholarly resources in APA style.
To complete each scenario assignment:
- Complete the entire scenario.
- Compose your reflection in a Word document and be sure to address, at a minimum, the following questions:
- Why do you feel the way you do about the issue presented?
- Of the four responses offered in the scenario, which do you feel is the most ethical and why?
- Support your conclusions with evidence and specific examples from the textbook, as well as other sources as needed.
- Your reflection must be 1-2 pages in length and follow APA formatting and citation guidelines as appropriate.
Write a personal nursing philosophy reflecting growth and evolution during your tenure as a nursing student. This is a personal philosophy that prospective employers may be invited to see.
- Submit a minimum of two paragraphs explaining your personal nursing philosophy. Include your view of health and your thoughts on your future role as a nurse.
- Complete the Fall Risk and Cognition Assessments Case Study, including the Hendrich II Fall Risk Assessment available in the Resources folder.
- Complete the Mini-Cog screening (see Borson, n.d., in the Resources section) and the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI; see Buysse, Reynolds, Monk, Berman, & Kupfer, 1989, in the Resources section) to develop a comprehensive assessment for Mrs. L.’s risk of falling.
- Develop a one-page summary describing Mrs. L.’s risk for falls.
- Create one goal for each category.
- Review the rubric for more information on how your assignment will be graded.
- Submit the three fall risk assessment tools and your summary
Explore web content related to this week’s topics by visiting the websites below.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2013). Preventing falls in hospitals. Tool 4B: Staff roles. Retrieved from https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/hospita…
Below are several links for you to watch and listen to in light of the following prompt:
Based on the viewings/readings and your own research, trace the evolution of ONE of the following genres of music: Blues, Jazz, Country, Western.
Discuss how and why this musical form emerged in America (this is the USA’s one great contribution to world culture). Consider cultural, economic, and/or political factors that led to the style, feel, instrumentation, ethnic roots, and unique expression of this musical form. Cite 3 musical artists who furthered the form–for example, in Jazz you might cite Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillespie, and Miles Davis demonstrating how, in this case, each pushed Jazz to new limits.
Approx. 500 words.
Below are some examples of the variation within musical genres (Blues, Jazz, Country, Western) via particular artists. Enjoy!