Develop a community teaching proposal designed to address the needs of a diabetic population in your community.
Select one of the following as the focus for the teaching plan:
- Primary Prevention/Health Promotion
- Secondary Prevention/Screenings for a Vulnerable Population
In your teaching proposal address the following topics:
- Epidemiological Rationale for Topic (statistics related to the topic):
- Nursing Diagnosis:
- Readiness for Learning: Identify the factors that would indicate the readiness to learn for the target aggregate. Include emotional and experiential readiness to learn.
- Learning Theory to Be Utilized: Explain how the theory will be applied.
- Goal: Healthy People 2020 (HP2020) objective(s) utilized as the goal for the teaching. Include the appropriate objective number and rationale for using the selected HP2020 objective (use at least one objective from one of the 24 focus areas). If an HP2020 objective does not support your teaching, explain how your teaching applies to one of the two overarching HP2020 goals.
- How Does This HP2020 Objective Relate to Alma Atas Health for All Global Initiatives.
- Develop Behavioral Objectives (Including Domains), Content, and Strategies/Methods:
- Creativity: How was creativity applied in the teaching methods/strategies?
- Planned Evaluation of Objectives (Outcome Evaluation): Describe what you will measure for each objective and how.
- Planned Evaluation of Goal: Describe how and when you could evaluate the overall effectiveness of your teaching plan.
- Planned Evaluation of Lesson and Teacher (Process Evaluation):
- Barriers: What are potential barriers that may arise during teaching and how will those be handled?
- Communication: How will you begin your presentation (hook them in)? How will you end your presentation (go out with a bang)? What nonverbal communication techniques will you employ?
Complete the “Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal.” This will help you organize your plan and create an outline for the written assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide,