Defining Roles and Responsibilities for an Incident Response Plan In 2012, FBI Director Robert Mueller stated that “…in the not too-distant-future we anticipate that the cyberthreat will pose the greatest threat to our country” (Cowley, 2012). He went on to warn that “There are only two types of companies: those that have been hacked, and those that will be.” Given such a dire assessment, organizations that have not planned for a security incident should begin developing an incident response plan (IRP) immediately. An IRP is a detailed document that outlines the process a company will use to respond to a security incident. A solid IRP contains many possible scenarios. However, one of the most crucial parts of an IRP is the roles and responsibilities assigned to the response team (first responders). To prepare for this Discussion, choose an organization, such as a school district, state/federal agency, or hospital. Propose a set of roles and responsibilities to be defined and included in the organization’s IRP. For each role, characterize the nature and severity of an incident for which that person must become involved. Explain your reasoning. Reference: Cowley, S. (2012). FBI director: Cybercrime will eclipse terrorism. CNN Money. Retrieved fromhttp://money.cnn.com/2012/03/02/technology/fbi_cybersecurity/index.htm
Fill in Order Details
- Submit paper details for free using our simple order form
Make Payment Securely
- Add funds to your account. There are no upfront payments. The writer will only be paid once you have approved your paper
- The best qualified expert writer is assigned to work on your order
- Your paper is written to standard and delivered as per your instructions
Download your paper
- Download the completed paper from your online account or your email
- You can request a plagiarism and quality report along with your paper
Consider Your Assignments Done
See Why Our Clients Hire Us Again And Again!
Elite Academic Research Promises You:
When you order form the best, some of your greatest problems as a student are solved!