I need support with this Management question so I can learn better.
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name:Dr. Gaurav Vishwakarma|
|Students’ Grade:Marks Obtained/Out of||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of decision making process for complex issues pertaining to business environment both internally and externally. (1.2)
- Apply and analyze various concepts of problem solving in diverse contexts and business situations. (1.5 & 2.2)
- Identify and analyze different perspectives on understanding problems for different situations. (3.1)
- Utilize different decision making tools to enhance problem solving and decision making approaches. (4.3)
Critical Thinking Case studies:
“Jadawel” a major retailer of household products in Saudi Arabia, had experienced steady growth during the past ten years since inception i.e. 2009. Mr. Badar, Marketing manager of the company has left the company in 2019. Mr. Hesham al Harby, who was working with Mr. Badr since 2009, now became marketing manager.
The company has been experiencing steadily declining sales in an increasingly competitive and growing market from last one year.Even after increase in sales force, sales were not meeting expectations, and had not been for some time. In fact, sales had begun to decline in a market that still appeared to be growing with more competitors chipping away at a market the company once owned. Rashid, a sales executive who joined the company in December 2019, said that he could not get proper training form the company. In a feedback of Customer, Jadawel’s product price is costly and lack of seasonal offers.
Mr. Khaled Al-ghassini, CEO has hired you to help him in increasing the company’s annual growth rate and ultimately its profitability.
“Jadawel” has 25 retail stores located mostly in shopping malls in almost all the big cities in Saudi Arabia. Total revenue from the 25 stores has declined, despite major back-end cost savings.
Assignment Question(s):(Marks 05)
- Identify the problem. [and other sub problems]
- What could be the causes of problem?
- Gather information: What information should you gather that would be helpful to know before making a decision?
- Consider the various choices of solution?
- Make the decision.What should you do?
- Evaluate the decision.Why do you think this is the best decision possible?
- Main problem:……………………………………..
- Other problems:
- Cause of the problem- 5 Why Technique
- Develop a Cause and Effect Diagram