Write a critical reflection of the course materials listed for Unit #2. You must cite each Unit #2 course material at least once. Use the critical reflection questions below to guide your writing.
Be authentic and honest. Write what you really think about the readings and questions. You will be graded on how much you deeply engage with, grapple with, and think through the concepts that are being put forth in the readings and films for this module. This is not a formal paper where you have to follow a lot of rules, but I do need to be able to follow your thoughts.
Length: Your critical reflection essay must be at least 1300 words (No MAX).
Structure: Please write in paragraphs. I am your reader and when I am faced with a whole page of text with no breaks, my brain begins to melt. Please don’t do this to me! Break your thoughts into paragraphs. Even better, provide sub headers! Headers make me so happy because they tell me what each section of your paper is going to be about.
Edit and proofread: Please proofread your paper before you submit it. Use spell check and a grammar checker. I really like using the free version of grammarly.
Submit: Use Microsoft Word to write your paper. Save your paper on your computer. Upload your word document (.doc or .docx) to iLearn. Do not cut-and-paste your paper into the text box. Microsoft word is available for free to all SFSU students.
Paper #2 Required Course Materials (Use ALL 5)
- Film: Unnatural causes. Becoming American
- The Health Toll of Immigration
- Dietary quality among Latinos: is acculturation making us sick?
- Decolonize Your Diet Introduction
- Decolonize Your Diet Chapter 1
Optional to use
Traditional Food Principles
Paper #2 Critical Reflection Questions (Choose at least two to address):
- What research questions are the authors of the articles required for this paper pursuing? What lead them to these questions? What research methods do the authors use to get answers to their questions?
- What is the Latinx Health Paradox? Why is it a paradox?
- What effect does assimilation have on Latinx diet?
- What does it mean to “Decolonize Your Diet?”