Create an executive summary addressing how best to successfully manage the problem outlined in the scenario. This plan has two parts. First is the executive summary followed by a PowerPoint presentation with audio.
Step 1 – Write an Executive Summary covering the following:
- Develop an action plan to share with the hospital staff and CDC local office to address and contain the outbreak in an effective and efficient manner at the hospital.
- Outline the process of developing alliances and partnerships to help treat and contain the outbreak through the use of efficient and effective approaches to the healthcare delivery systems.
- Analyze the organizational decisions needed to be undertaken as a leader; that would play a part in addressing and containing the outbreak along with the use of limited resources.
- Determine the best leadership style to use to effectively bring together multiple departments and agencies to work together as one team in containing and treating the outbreak.
- Summarize innovative processes needed to address the outbreak given the shortage of resources and time to implement a strategy.
- Outline any ethical considerations that should be addressed as part of the strategy in treating and containing the outbreak due to the shortage of resources such as money, manpower, and medicine.
- Write a conclusion on the process changes needed to help improve reaction time and containment from the standpoint of the hospital.
Step 2 – Create a PowerPoint presentation with audio
As president of the hospital, you will need to create and record a 5-minute presentation using PowerPoint made up of at least 12 slides covering your findings and suggestions in dealing with the outbreak and containment of the disease. The presentation will be presented to local health officials including the officials from the counties identified by the CDC. Therefore the style of the presentation needs to be formal. You may use applications such as Screencast-O-Matic (research for tutorial videos if needed) to record your presentation