Human service work can provide an opportunity for social change as well as a means of maintaining social order
1000 word limit.
Discuss the above statement with reference to:
1. Your own values and the way they have impacted on you view of the world2. How dominant ideologies (as expresed by media and politics) impact on human services
These two frameworks – your own values and the dominant ideologies you have- identified should provide the basis for your discussion of the question.
You may use first person when describing your values as this is a partly reflective piece but you must use aca- demic language and references to support your argument.
1. Ability to identify and critically reflect on personal values
2. Ability to identify dominant ideologies
3. Ability to apply 1 and 2 to the question 4. Clear, concise communication
5. Appropriate use of references
Chenoweth, L & McAuliffe, D 2014, The Road to Social Work & Human Service Practice, Cengage Learning Aus- tralia, South Melbourne, Victoria. (or 2018 edition)
Fawcett, B, Goodwin, S, Meagher, G & Phillips, R 2010, Social Policy for Social Change Palgrave Macmillan, South Yarra.
Jamrozik, A 2009 Social Policy in the Post-Welfare State, Australian Society in the 21st Century 2nd edn NSW Pearson Education, Australia.
O’Connor, I, Wilson, J & Setterlund, D (eds) 2006, Social work and welfare practice, Sage, London