Part 1: Essay
In your essay, provide a comprehensive explanation of:
- Address basic issues related to planning an indoor environment for young children.
- The typical centers found in early childhood settings.
- Indoor environments for infants and toddlers.
- Preschool settings and how they are organized.
- The physical organization needed for developmentally appropriate primary classrooms, taking into consideration children with identified special needs.
Your essay should be 1250-1500 words and should include at least five (5) citations. The sections should be clearly marked with headings so that your instructor knows which points you are addressing. Follow the guidelines for APA writing style. The title page and references page do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment.
Part 2: Handbook
Create a research-based How To handbook for teachers that explains the use of centers-based learning and at least 10 developmentally-appropriate learning centers with complete description of the following:
- Content Focus: What the learning focus is for each stated learning center
- Activity: What children will be expected to do at each center
- Importance: The value of each stated center
Include pictures with captions and ensure that this is helpful tool that will help teachers to implement centers in their own classrooms.
At least two (2) references must be included on this handbook, which should be 1250-1500 words in length.