business analysis and Supply chain
You will act as the manager of a firm that manufactures and markets personal computers. You will prepare an analytical report that you plan to discuss with your
management team as you review your company’s performance in the simulation.
Analyze your simulation results by addressing the following prompts (B1 through B5).
Note: Reflect on the following in your analysis: Your actions during the simulation, the relationship between your actions and your simulation results, your success
compared to other competitors, and alternatives to your actions that could have produced better results in the simulation.
Keeping your analysis and the simulation content in mind, do the following:
1. Evaluate how you utilized budgets and pro-forma statements to plan funding of the production capacity you needed to achieve your business goals.
2. Discuss how you could have employed each of the following strategies to improve operating efficiency in your manufacturing facility:
b. LEAN OPERATIONS
1. Discuss the applicability of work cells versus a traditional straight line method to the type of manufacturing facility used to assemble computers.
4. Evaluate your decisions involving inventory management (e.g., did you have inventory when you needed it without incurring unnecessary inventory carrying costs?).
5. Explain how a specific continuous improvement program could have been used within the type of manufacturing facility in the simulation to achieve quality assurance