According to Lake (2018), a successful brand strategy assists with prospering in competitive markets. In addition, the brand of an organization is derived from who you are, who you want to be, and who people perceive you to be. As a health care leader, it is important to know that the brand represented by your organization is effective.
Lake, L. (2018). Learn Why Branding is Important in Marketing. Retrieved from https://www.thebalance.com/why-is-branding-important-when-it-comes-to-your-marketing-2294845
For this assignment, you will complete an external Brand Audit of a health care organization. Review the list of the 10 Biggest Health Care Companies in the Fortune 500 at the following source:
Lorenzetti, L. (2015). 10 Biggest Health Care Companies in the Fortune 500. Retrieved from http://fortune.com/2015/06/20/fortune-500-biggest-healthcare-companies/
Select a health care organization from the list in the above source and conduct a Brand Audit by completing the following in a 3- to 4-page paper:
- Provide a description of the organization (location, size, type, average annual revenue, etc.)
- Identify all brand elements (logos, symbols, characters, slogans, trademarks, etc.)
- Distinguish the inherent attributes of the services provided (pricing, communications, distribution policies, other relevant marketing activities)
- Select a competitive brand (organization).
- Identify the differences between the organization that you are conducting the brand audit on and the competitive organization.
- Classify the any marketing attributes that either organization does better.
- Provide recommendations (supported with scholarly references) for brand positioning and marketing strategies that will leverage and extend the brand effectiveness of the organization.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your audit.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages (not including title and reference pages).
- Support your analysis with peer-reviewed/scholarly articles, with at least 4 references