– 750 words essay APA style
– we are supposed to be visiting a “MORMON” church and write in details what we see there.
*I will take care of the “first two” parts of this essay but the rest should be easy without visiting the place itself.
* DO NOT USE any outside sources meaning everything is from what you learned from visiting the church.
*here are the questions ::
- Field Information. Give the full name, exact address, and religious affiliation of the group. (For example, donâ€™t just say â€œa Buddhist templeâ€; be sure to specify the school, or denomination, and the national background.) Give the exact date and time of the visit; give the name and type of service (if any) attended.
- Preliminary Placing Information. Describe the outside and inside appearance of the building, the way visitors are greeted, and the sort of people in this group (that is, their apparent social class, lifestyle, ethnic background, gender, average age, the number present, and so forth).
- Description of Activity or Symbolism. If you attend a service or formal presentation on the religion, describe what happened from beginning to end. Try to give some sense of the emotional tone and subjective spiritual meaning of the scenario. (For example: Was the opening dramatic or casual? Is congregational participation emotional or reserved? Is much of the service spontaneous or ritualized?) If you did not attend a regular service, discuss in detail the significance of the art, architecture, and symbolism in and around the site.
- Analysis. Analyze the topic in terms of the three forms of religious expression: theoretical (teaching), practical (worship), and sociological (leadership and group type), and include art, ethics, and experience as appropriate. At least one-third of the paper should cover these topics.
- Theoretical. What, essentially, does this religion teach? As far as you can tell from this one experience, what is the main message this religion gives through its sermons, practices, symbols, and so on?
- Practical. What is the basic nature of the worship? Formal or informal? Ancient or modern? Structured or spontaneous? What message about how this group conceives of the role of religion does the nature of the worship communicate?
- Sociological. What kind of group is it? Close-knit or diffused? Does it consist mostly of people drawn to the religion by family or ethnic ties? Or does it consist mostly of committed converts of different backgrounds? What role does the priest or leader play? What message about religious experience and meaning is communicated by the nature of the leadership and the group?
* not I’m Muslim so I have No little background about churches.