*Please take note that there needs to be a 1-2 page(s) transcript of the presentation.in a word document ***************
Prior to beginning work on this final project, read/review Chapters 1, 2, 4-9, 13, and 14 of Human Development: A Life-Span View, The Potential for Literacy to Shape Lifelong Cognitive Health article, and The Impact of Fun and Enjoyment on Adult’s Learning (Links to an external site.) article.
The PowerPoint or Prezi presentation needs to be 20-25 slides in length, not including title or reference pages. Slides must contain bulleted points and use the notes section to provide more information (do not put all information ON the slide). There should be no more than 50 words per slide, except in the notes section. You are encouraged to be creative and include APA-referenced and cited visuals such as pictures, graphics, charts, tables, etc. Your PowerPoint presentation must include a title slide and a reference slide. This includes the submission of a transcript as a separate 1-2-page Word document, not including title and reference page
First, consider the following scenario:
Your responsibility is to plan, design, develop and implement a teacher or organizational training session. Key factors of human development, cognitive development theories, and brain development in a selected age group are to be included, with emphasis on how these factors guide classroom or mental health practice.
Then, choose one of the following audiences for your training session:
- Early childhood teachers
- Elementary teachers
- Secondary teachers
- Mental health practitioners.
Your presentation must discuss these three areas:
- Cognitive theory
- Theories of human development
- Relevant brain research
Your presentation or video must make clear connections between each of these three elements to classroom or organizational practice.
Your presentation or video,
- Describes your audience and the setting of your workshop (teachers, parents, staff, counselors) (1 slide or 30 seconds)
- Discusses the importance of integrating cognitive theory with practice (1 slide or 30 seconds)
- Describes one cognitive development and one human development theory in your own words (3-4 slides or 2-2:30 minutes)
- Synthesizes relevant and recent brain development research related to your chosen theories (3-4 slides or 2-2:30 minutes)
- Analyzes the implications of cognitive theory, human development theory, and recent brain development research on memory and behavior that maximizes learning (3 slides or 1:30 minutes)
- Assesses how one of these theories (cognitive theory, human development theory or recent brain research) can be applied to a specific population and age group (Choose one population and one age group from the table below). (3-4 slides or 1:30-2:30 minutes)
|Population (Choose One)||Age Group (Choose One)|
|Gifted and talented (TAG or GATE)||Adults|
|Mental health||Senior citizens|
- Provides an etiology (description of the person’s issue) of the student’s or client’s issue (1 slide or 30 seconds)
- Explains, using at least 4 strategies, how you will work with your student/client in a chosen learning environment and why these strategies will be effective, using current research to support your ideas (4-6 slides or 3-4 minutes)
- Summarizes the training you have offered to this audience as a conclusion (1 slide or 30 seconds)
The content should be clear, focused and IN YOUR OWN WORDS. This presentation or video needs to be a clear demonstration of what you have learned from the course and your research.
The Teacher/Organizational Training presentation
- Must be 20-25 slides (not including title and reference slides) with at least 100 words in the presenter’s notes for each appropriate slide. You may want to look at How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) to get started. Pay attention to APA Style (Links to an external site.) and formatting in this “how to” guide. APA guidelines are required in presentations and any scholarly work you create.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic and each criterion with critical thought.
- Must use at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed, and credible sources (one of those may be the course text).
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style
- Submit a separate Word document with your transcript. This transcript should be 1-2 pages, not including title or reference pages, and includes APA citations. Formatting should include labeling the slide number with the slide’s exact content underneath.
- It is recommended that PowerPoint Slides contain no more than five bullet points and should not contain more than seven to 10 words each. Do not type paragraphs or long sentences on the slide. The information that explains each bullet point is conveyed via speaker notes or by recording your voice to each slide.