I’m studying and need help with a Psychology question to help me learn.
|All assignments MUST be typed, double-spaced, in APA style, and must be written at graduate level English.|
The final paper provides an opportunity for you to demonstrate your ability to apply the concepts covered throughout the course. Your responses should be complete and to the point. A minimum of ten (10) research references are required to complete your analysis for this paper. You are required to research professional journals, the Internet and the University Virtual Library. Please make sure your paper writing is submitted by the due date to ensure ample time for mentor feedback, and possible integration of feedback and revision if necessary.
This is a research paper. Do not use the course text.
For your final paper, you are to choose any disorder covered in this course and the DSM-5. You will be researching the psychological, neurological, biochemical, genetic, environmental and socio-cultural aspects of the disorder you choose, with specific regard to psychopharmacological intervention.
Your paper should be 10 pages plus a title and reference page
Your paper must include all of the following:
1. Disorder: Define and describe the clinical symptoms that manifest with this disorder
2. Etiology of the disorder: Describe the known and potential contributing factors of this disorder, your discussion must include the proposed neurological and biochemical underpinnings of the disorder (although these may be theoretical). Your discussion must include both genetic and epigenetic variables. Environmental & sociocultural factors relevant to the disorder (e.g., increased incidence rate, etc.) must be included in your discussion.
3. Treatment- Part 1: Describe what evidence-based research has shown to be the most effective psychopharmacologic intervention for this disorder and discuss any controversies in psychopharmacology which may influence the pharmacologic treatment of this disorder.
4. Treatment- Part 2: Describe what evidence-based research has been shown to be the most effective psychotherapeutic intervention for this disorder.
5. Research gaps: Illustrate an advanced understanding of the biological underpinnings and psychopharmacologic approaches to the treatment of this disorder by discussing gaps in what is known about the disorder and psychopharmacologic treatment of this disorder and future directions for science. Additional research may help you to identify clinical trials currently in progress to address the psychopharmacologic treatment of this disorder.