Watch President Ronald Reagan’s 1983 speech to the National Association of Evangelicals, perhaps the most explicit presidential endorsement of Christian faith in recent times. As you watch this presentation, prepare and post your written answers to the following questions (which derive from page 130 of the textbook):
- What is this speech’s topic?
- What is the speech’s thesis or main point?
- What in the speech, if anything, suggests the speaker (or his speech writers) had analyzed the audience and adapted the speech to its needs?
- Did the speaker use effective and relevant material to support the speech’s thesis?
- Was the speech effectively organized?
- Did the speaker use clear, interesting, and accurate language?
- Was the quality of the speaker’s voice acceptable?
- Were the speaker’s movements and gestures meaningful and effective?
You must explain the observations and the reasoning that justify your answers to these questions. The more thoughtful, detailed, and documented your observations and explanations, the better the quality of your work.