As you complete the problem-scoping phase, your proposed document will include the following information:
- Develop a problem statement.
- Determine any potential constraints.
- Determine the criteria.
- Identify the stakeholders.
- Develop a procedure for gathering data prior to decision making.
Be sure to thoroughly complete and submit the Problem Scoping Document Template.
Select a public health issue from the CDC website that you reviewed for Module 3 at http://www.cdc.gov/features/datastatistics.html and incorporate the information found there into a Problem Scoping document by following these steps:
- Determine what questions you would ask yourself:
- Scope of the problemPart of the Problem Statement.
- When and where the problem occursPart of the Problem Statement.
- ImpactPart of the Problem Statement.
- Identify two criteria related to the problem statement that you created.
- Who is directly involved with the problem? Stakeholders?
- Determine how you would gather data important to educating the public on this issue.
Address each step above in the Problem Scoping Word document template.