PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT: The purpose of this assignment is to assess your understanding of the following:
Skills: An essay is a valuable tool for academic writing.The purpose of this assignment is to help you practice skills that are essential to your success in this course and in your professional life beyond school. This assignment is relevant because it will help you develop the skills needed to succeed in English 101 & 102 courses. By mastering the concept, you will be able to write across the curriculum and successfully complete collegiate writing assignments. You will practice the following skills:
- eliminate wordiness in writing
- recognize verbs in the active and passive voice
- examine and correct faulty subordination and sentence combining
Knowledge: This assignment will also help you to become familiar with the following important content knowledge in this discipline:
2. passive and active verbs
3. faulty subordination
DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENT:
View the following resources before starting this assignment:
- eliminating wordinessLinks to an external site.
- sentence combining pt. 1 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- sentence combining pt.2 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Complete the exercise at the bottom of page 509.
- Complete the exercise on page 510-511 (choose only 3 sentences).
- Complete the exercise on page 512 (1-5).
- Complete the exercise on page 516 (1-5)