Advocacy is as essential to the role of a nurse as any other aspect of nursing care. Interacting with patients more than any other healthcare provider, nurses are in the perfect position to serve as patient advocates (“Importance of Patient Advocacy in Nursing | UTA Online,” 2016) We as nurses are the ones who know the patient the best. We are at the bedside the majority of the time with these patients and families. We get to know them the best, so we as nurses have the responsibility to advocate for them. I had a patient once who was pod #1 s/p laparoscopic gastrectomy sleeve. The patient seemed to be doing very well until he became very SOB, was complaining of chest pain, shoulder pain, he was tachycardic. This particular surgeon is very particluar with his patients and does not like to get anyone else involved. We strictly call him to his cell phone with any questions or concerns. However, in this case he did not reply promply to my call, so i had to call a RRT. Patient had to go to the ICU, and later found out that a patient had a leak. Had I waited for the surgeon to call me back or not called an RRT, the patient wouldnt have been treated promptly. Advocating for our patients is crutial for them. We care for them in one of there most vulnerables times in their lives. They trust the heathcare professionals to do what is best for them.
Fill in Order Details
- Submit paper details for free using our simple order form
Make Payment Securely
- Add funds to your account. There are no upfront payments. The writer will only be paid once you have approved your paper
- The best qualified expert writer is assigned to work on your order
- Your paper is written to standard and delivered as per your instructions
Download your paper
- Download the completed paper from your online account or your email
- You can request a plagiarism and quality report along with your paper
Consider Your Assignments Done
See Why Our Clients Hire Us Again And Again!
Elite Academic Research Promises You:
When you order form the best, some of your greatest problems as a student are solved!