#3A – Create a brochure that informs local residents about the hazards at a sanitary landfill in your community. The brochure should include the following:
- Front matter with a title and byline
- Inside and back panels:
- Information about the site (location, previous use, current use, etc.)
- Risk Assessment:
- Site assessments and testing completed to determine contamination levels.
- The hazardous agents present at the site.
- The extent of the contamination at the site and where it has spread to the surrounding community, if applicable (water, soil, air, etc.).
- How the site has negatively impacted the environment and the health of people in the surrounding community (if negative health effects have not been reported, list the potential health effects based on the matrices that have been contaminated and the hazardous agents that have been identified).
- Risk Management:
- Identify the clean-up or containment measures that were taken.
- Discuss how the site is continually monitored to prevent future contamination and protect the health of the surrounding population.
- Back matter with references and contact information for the local health or environmental department (city/county/state)
(Location: Oakland, CA. Only asking for heading with text. I can create the brochure layout.)