1. Provide an overview of the portfolio.
1. Choose a topic from the course and define an audience (e.g., educators, administration, parents, students, legislators) for the presentation.
2. Design a professional presentation in the format of a PowerPoint, workshop, or video. Include anticipatory set (introduction that captures participation attention), objective, instructional content relating to the objective, participant activities, assessment of and by participants, and closure.
3. Conduct the presentation with at least one member of your SPED team. Obtain feedback from participant(s) and include summary of feedback at the end of presentation. Include the strengths and areas of improvement.
4. Include specific evidence from coursework that demonstrates achievement of course objectives and personal goals in the following areas: foundations and models (EBD), assessment, causes, facets, interventions and teaching strategies for students with EDB.
5. Provide two pieces of evidence for each category, a rationale for choosing each piece and an evaluation of current skills in the area.
Reflect on the course topics covered. Reflect on what kind of teacher you would like to be.
1. How are you going to get there?
2. Which topics were of most relevance to you?
3. Review the course objectives and write a statement about what you have learned.
4. Develop plans to continue your professional development in the field of special education. Summarize your reflections in a paper of 1,250-1,500 words.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the GCU APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.