- Review the Womens Health Initiative article in this weeks Learning Resources. Select one disorder presented in this study.
- Locate and select a research article that addresses current best practices for assessing and managing the disorder you selected. Be sure that the research article you select is from a reputable source.
- Consider the similarities and differences between the best practices presented in the WHI study and the article you selected. Think about the potential impact of differences in best practices on womens health.
- Consider whether the best practices in the article you selected should be used in clinical practice.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Describe the disorder you selected from the Womens Health Initiative study.
- Explain the current best practices for assessing and managing this disorder as suggested in the research article you selected.
- Compare the best practices presented in the WHI study to the current best practices presented in the article. Explain how the differences in best practices might impact womens health.
- Explain whether you think the current best practices in the article you selected should be used in clinical practice. Support your position with evidence-based research.
Note: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.