You will need to follow the steps outlined below to complete your assignment. Reviewing the readings and tutorials will help to ensure you have the information you need to be successful on this assignment.
You will establish a reference list of 8 – 10 peer-reviewed journal articles that directly relate to your research topic. These articles will become the basis of your literature review. It is important to find research articles that directly relate to your thesis research question and hypothesis to establish supporting evidence for your main ideas and hypothesis.
Be sure to address the following in your reference list:
- Include 8 – 10, peer-reviewed journal articles based on empirical research studies (e.g., original research studies or meta-analyses)
- The articles should be published within the last five years.
- The articles should directly relate to your research topic in ways that either provide insight into your research question or evidence to support your hypothesis.
- The references are formatted according to APA Style 7th edition guidelines.
Note that a title page is not required for this assignment.
- Review the following resources and reading before starting your library search.
Review “How to Find Reliable Sources”
Review “Formatting an APA Style Reference List”
Read “Where to Look: Choosing Databases and Other Sources of Literature”
- After reviewing the resources and reading, develop your keyword search terms. List the keywords you will search. Add to the keyword search list as needed during your search.
- Review your initial search results based on the keywords and filter settings you used. Review the articles that emerge in the first few pages of your search results. Do these appear relevant to your topic? Are there ways you could refine your search to narrow or broaden your search results as needed? Repeat your search after adding or removing search filters or keywords.
Optional Step: You may want to make an appointment with the PG Library staff to learn about strategies for finding the best sources for your research topic. Meeting with a library staff member is optional. https://purdueglobal.libcal.com/appointments/?g=741
- Review articles that appear relevant to your topic. Review the abstracts and assess each article’s fit for your research topic. Is it directly related to your research question, and/or does it provide evidence related to your hypothesis? Does it reflect an empirical research study? Was it published within the last five years? Is the source a peer-reviewed journal?
- Save relevant articles to your library folder. Note: you may want to “Sign in” to the library so that you can save articles to your library folders.
- Compile your reference list in APA style format.
- Submit your final reference list to the Unit 3 Assignment Dropbox.
Your assignment should be reference list of 8 – 10 peer-reviewed journal articles and should include the following:
- Sources listed in current APA format.
- Use Arial or Times New Roman font