Book Review #2- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
- According to chapter 4 in the book, what perceptions of American physicians may have affected Hmong refugees ability to feel that they could trust the American health care system?
- How did Dwight Conquergood make some headway in working to promote public health among Hmong refugees at Ban Vanai camp?
- How may some of the negative perceptions of Foua and Nao Kao by staff affected how they cared for Lia and her family?
- How did you find yourself feeling about Foua and Nao Kaos continual noncompliance with Lias medication regimen?
- Describe how Merceds public health department effectively handled a public health situation regarding a Hmong family raising rats in the home and how could this communication have easily broken down?